Thursday, October 15, 2009

Good Things Only

I have so much to be grateful for, I am rededicating myself to focus on the positive things in my life. Which really shouldn't be hard, considering I have a safe place to live, food on my table, knowledge of Jesus Christ, and a loving husband and family. What more do I need?

Besides, the past week has been awesome. Let me tell you why.

1. Vacation!!! Jared and I went to Miami last weekend to visit his sister, brother-in-law, and nephew. We had so much fun! It was great to hang out with them, go to the beach, see some sights, play the wii, and just relax.


Jared, Sarah, and baby A at Miami beach


On Sarah and Josh's balcony, overlooking the bay


1) Can you believe I'm holding a Burmese python?! 2) Jared and baby A looking adorable in their matching church clothes 3) downtown Miami

2. I had a second interview for a recreation therapy job. It would be an awesome opportunity, so I'm very grateful that I even found this open position. Since I'm only focusing on good things, I won't go into detail about the anguish of an 8 hour interview. I'm just glad it's over. ;)

3. Fall is here and I am inspired to do what I consider to be Fall cooking. I recently made pumpkin cheesecake, sweet potato soup, and spaghetti squash. Today I am going to make chicken pot pie for the first time. I love warm, hearty dishes and they are especially fun to make when the weather is cold and rainy (like it is today). Also, Jared made an absolutely perfect batch of peppermint ice cream last night. Ah, the simple pleasures of life.

3 comments:

  1. An 8 hour interview? What? That's nuts. Looks like Miami was fun. It would be nice to get away to some better weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so cute! And Jared looks like such a handsome "professor" in his bow tie. Yah for second interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIKES. I don't know what's scarier--an 8 hour interview or holding a HUGE snake.

    ReplyDelete