Things I'd like to remember about Libby at 15 months:
- She loves pickles. Anytime the fridge is open, she grabs the pickle jar and begs for one. She sucks on them like popsicles, and while she eats most of it, she usually leaves a little pickle stub in some surprising location around the house.
- Her ability to imitate me and Jared is a constant source of joy. I love seeing her try on my shoes, slather soap (or just water) all over her body in the shower, dry her hands on the kitchen towel, sweep the floor, and talk on the phone (even when no one is on the other end).
- She is obsessed with pens - specifically ones that have a click top. While she does enjoy drawing on paper (and sometimes her body), she is mostly content to hold on to the pen. But! The ink tip has to be visible. Try and click the pen to retract it (to prevent stray marks), and she will protest by screaming and thrashing about.
- She understands so much. If I tell her its time to brush her teeth, she goes to the bathroom and waits by the sink. When it's bathtime, she goes to the tub and tries to climb in. If I tell her to put her shoes on, she collects whatever shoes she can reach and brings them to me. Or, she goes to her bedroom, holds onto the wall for balance, and lifts her foot in the air and waits for me to put a shoe on it. When it's time to go bye-bye, she goes to her closet and points to her jacket. And, if she's feeling cooperative, she'll even lie down on the changing pad when I tell her we're going to change her diaper.
- For my own reference, I'll add that her eating habits have picked up since she hit the year mark, and her weight is now comfortably back on the growth chart at 20 lbs (10th pecentile), up from her 12 months weight of 17 lbs (< 3rd percentile). Her current length is 31.25 inches (75th percentile), right on target following her 12 months length of 29.75 inches (75th percentile).