Thursday, November 15, 2012

We bought a house

As of October 25, we are homeowners! Just 9 days after Piper was born, Jared drove out to Iowa to close on our house. We waited a couple of weeks to actually move, which was definitely the way to go. I'm not sure which version of me is more useless: 9 months pregnant, or juggling a newborn. But I felt so much better not being pregnant, that if I had to do it over again, I would do it the same way. I cannot take any credit whatsoever for how smoothly it all went. Jared's sister, Rachel, flew out to help us and she is a machine. She and Jared loaded and unloaded the appliances, furniture, beds, everything. We could not have done it without her.

This move to Iowa has been at least 9 months in the making. We have been looking forward to it so much, and once we finally got approval from Jared's job in late August, we jumped on it. We drove out to look at houses in September and made an offer the next week.


Our house needs lots of small finishing touches (new bathroom floor, removing the cow wallpaper, etc) but we feel like we got a great deal and we are so excited to not be renting anymore. Hooray for getting to put holes in the walls and painting whatever color we want!

But most of all, hooray for not living (quite so much) in the middle of nowhere! I'm so excited to have a mall (mostly for the indoor playground), a selection of grocery stores, lots of parks, and an airport nearby.

I'll post pictures at some point. For now, while both babies are sleeping, the bathtub is begging to be cleaned.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! Glad you had somebody who could help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you guys are in your new house. I'm excited to see pictures. That reminds me, I still need to post inside pictures of ours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting! Maybe we'll own a home someday...Can't wait to see before and after pictures. So much FUN! and work, lots of that too, but it will be your own. Yay for the four of you!

    ReplyDelete