Thursday, July 18, 2013

Piper - 9 months

I feel like the best way to describe Piper at 9 months old is to compare her a koala bear. She certainly has the ability to be mobile - she's crawling well, standing, walking along furniture, climbing the stairs - but much of the time, she's either riding on my back or hanging desperately to my neck, shirt, legs, etc. By the end of the day, the neckline of my shirt is always stretched and baggy from her refusing to let go when I need to put her down or change her diaper.

But as much as she likes to be held, I wouldn't describe her as a needy baby. She is happy and calm and nearly always smiling.

The other way I'd describe Piper is "awesome." And that's exactly how the nursery worker at my gym described her when I was picking up the kids on Monday after my workout. She said Piper is awesome - just happy to explore and watch Libby. And that is so true. Libby is usually playing in the ballpit when I pick them up and Piper is sitting just outside of the play structure (as close as she can get without getting trampled by the kids climbing in and out), staring and laughing her head off at Libby. It's just the cutest thing ever.



Stats
Birth: 7 lbs 12 oz, 20 inches long
2 Weeks: 8 lbs 5 oz, 21 inches long
2  Months: 11 lbs 5 oz, 24 inches long
4 Months: 14 lbs 6.5 oz, 26 inches long
6 Months: 17 lbs, 27 inches long
9 Months: 18 lbs 11 oz, 29.25 inches long

No comments:

Post a Comment