Sunday, January 19, 2014

2013 in review

For almost a year, I've been keeping a one-line-a-day journal. It has been awesome. It's the perfect way for me to feel like I'm documenting my kids' childhoods without really being very much work. But I do want to keep track of pictures, too and I haven't been blogging as much as I'd like. So I am blatantly stealing this idea from Renae and doing a photographic review of 2013 in roughly chronological order. 

Libby likes being carried. And reading Berenstain Bears. Preferably both at the same time.

Libby enjoying the snow last winter

I love this look of pure joy when we were playing on the bed one day.
Playing with snow inside because it's too cold outside.

I love those lips!
 
She liked to feed Piper.

This picture kills me! She wasn't posing...she was oblivious to the camera. Just happened to catch a cute pose.
 
At Bever Park with friends
The kids helping with some landscaping - we were removing the rocks in the flowerbeds

Bathtime!

Just a cute picture...something in her mouth, I think.

Libby just took off walking with her "dump truck" one day, so I followed her all the way around the block.

We painted our shutters blue (don't have a before picture). And yes, Libby is hitting Piper on the head with a broom.


I tried taking pictures of the moon when it was really close to the earth this summer, but it was pretty hard without a tripod.

But these stones in our front yard did reflect the moon's light beautifully!


At Thomas Park

At Thomas Park, one of our favorites.
We went for many, many, many walks with Piper on my back just like this.

Going for a walk around Gill Park

Libby playing at Gill Park with her friend  Nash who was only here for the summer. Sad, because they were pretty much made for each other with their matching red balance bikes. That's a corn field in the background.

Libby went through a phase of really liking to take pictures of me and Piper.


She chose the outfit!


After work one day this summer.
I put streamers on Libby's door for her birthday. These were the only colors I had...not too pretty, but the idea was still fun.

We had lemon blueberry breakfast cake for Libby's birthday. Why wait all day when you can make a "breakfast" cake and have it in the morning?

She wanted to eat her toast first.

Libby is 3 years old and 3 feet tall

Libby wearing Dad's headphones to watch TV. If we talk too loud in the room while she's watching something, she says, "I can't hear like that!"

I like to put them in semi-matching clothes whenever possible.


Piper's homemade giraffe costume and Libby's borrowed giraffe costume

Libby still loves taking pictures of me. Piper still loves grabbing my shirt.

Libby has organized her animals into families. Here is "Piper baby's family." From left to right: Pooh bear (daddy), Mommy baby (mommy), Piper baby, Lion (grandpa), Pink Bear (grandma), Blue Baby (brother), Christmas dog (Piper's baby's friend and Blue Baby's best friend). There are more cousins and friends that are not pictured.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! These pictures are all so fun. I love the picture of Libby pulling her "dump truck" around. You're really not stealing from me, I stole from other people. :) It's hard to keep up with blogging. Days go by way too fast.

    ReplyDelete