Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Piper - 4



Piper turned 4 in October. She's such an awesome little girl. I just love her. She learned to ride a two-wheeler at the end of the summer. She's OBSESSED with bugs. For her birthday, she got her own copy of the insect identification guide we'd been repeatedly checking out from the library. She loves to help me cook, and I often find her in the kitchen coming up with her own recipes. She loves makeup, dress up clothes, and Mommy's high heels.

She's funny. She loves to sing and dance. She is constantly turning on the radio in my room and dancing in front of the mirror. She hates to be alone. She is Libby's best friend, but she is also still completely infatuated with Birdie. She is a wonderful big sister and is so playful. She plays hike and seek and peekaboo with Birdie.

Piper is an excellent artist and draws detailed pictures. She likes to write, too. She knows how to form many letters and she can spell her own name as well as Libby's name. She is left-handed and she always writes her letters (and even whole words) in mirror image. She is learning to read. She has picked up lots of what I've been teaching Libby and has several poems memorized, as well as state capitals and random history facts. (When I asked Libby if the Israelites were monotheists or polytheists, Piper interrupted with the correct answer: "monotheists!")

As I tell her every day, she's my favorite Piper!



1 comment:

  1. I love that she loves bugs! And yet she's still pretty girly. That's so great!

    ReplyDelete