Monday, April 5, 2010

It's a girl!

I have to admit, I was surprised. For some reason, I just assumed this little baby inside me had to be a boy. Maybe because even before I was pregnant, anytime Jared and I talked about a future baby, we always referred to it as a "he." But I am definitely excited about this little girl. I felt her first kicks 2 weeks ago today and they have been getting stronger and more frequent ever since. It's so exciting to feel, I can't help but smile to myself when I feel her kick.

And just a few pictures to update those interested folks (mostly my family, I'm sure) on my belly growth:

15 weeks


16 weeks - taking a walk at the park


17 weeks

Just realized I missed the 18 week picture. Coming up on 19 weeks in a couple of days. I thought I was hiding my pregnancy pretty well at work, but when I announced last week to my coworkers that I was pregnant, they all said "oh, we've known for weeks. But thanks for letting us know anyway." Apparently they would talk about it whenever I wasn't in the room and try to guess how long I was going to wait to tell them. Plus, I've had 2 bold people ask me if I was pregnant before I ever said anything about it. So I guess it's now becoming obvious and there's no more need to hide the fact that I can't button my pants. Or zip them for that matter. Bring on the stretchy panels!

8 comments:

  1. Yay baby bump! You are going to be such a cute pregnant lady! That baby girl of yours is going to be gorgeous as well! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very exciting Jen! We love baby girls!! I felt the same way with my first baby. I was sure she was a boy. Oh well. Congrats again and I echo Renae, you are a darling pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! your baby bump is a lot bigger than i thought. and its good shes a girl since i already bought a pink onesie, its says "i love my auntie" or something like that. girls are much more fun to buy things for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend that swears by bella bands to make use of her non-maternity pants as long as she can. Maybe you might like them.

    You're as cute as a button.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very, very, very exciting. Congratulations, on the pregnancy, and congratulations on the girl. Having a baby is incredible! I'm so excited to follow your blog and see the baby girl when she arrives. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I threw away all my pregnancy pictures but you are so cute with your baby bump. I am sure the styles had something to do with it. so exciting!

    ReplyDelete