Wednesday, June 1, 2011

9 months

At 9 months, my sweet Libby Claire is representing the featherweights at 17.0 pounds. I met a 4 month old the other day that weighed 4 pounds more than that. Heck, there are probably some beefy 3 month olds that weigh that much. I'm not too concerned, but I did promise the doc I'd try to get her to eat more this month (we're heading back in next month for a weight check).

To my immense delight (most of the time), Libby is becoming a little mother's helper. She loves playing with dirty dishes in the dishwasher, reorganizing the pantry, unfolding laundry I've just folded, and being my little human vacuum cleaner, eating everything from food scraps to paper to spiders (luckily she didn't actually eat the spider but she was really close).

She cruises around the furniture these days and even experiments with letting go and standing on her own 2 feet for a few seconds at a time. I'm sure she'll be walking in no time!

She continues to mumble "mama" all the time, and said "dada" the other day. As exciting as it is to hear, I'm not too sure she knows what they mean.

She's holding steady at 8 teeth and is playing around with using them for biting...my shoulder, her own arm, shoes, anything really. She likes to put things in her mouth and carry them around the house. She really reminds me of a dog sometimes.

The little Libster still enjoys an occasional peekaboo game under the covers, but we mostly play full fledged hide and seek. She's great at seeking, not so much at hiding.

And, in her most amazing accomplishment yet, she is finally sleeping through the night! She's a bit of an early bird, often waking before the clock strikes 6 AM, but hey, I'll take it!

Good job on all your amazing accomplishments, Libs. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. She's so big !! I hope she doesn't start to walk too soon... because then she'll learn how to run, and then you'll spend your time chasing her around her crib trying to put a diaper on her after her bath. At least that's the game Hailey plays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at the part that says, "She really reminds me of a dog sometimes." And then I copied it into a couple of chats I was having because it amused me so much.

    ReplyDelete