Wednesday, February 1, 2012

17 months

According to my unofficial weighing of Libby on the scale at the gym, she weighs 22.5 pounds at 17 months old, which should put her at the 25th percentile for her age. Some days it seems she hardly eats anything, but she is gaining, so I guess it's alright.

Libby continues to crave stimulation and has required quite a bit of entertaining recently. I'm hoping she's just going through a growth spurt and that's what accounts for her extra crankiness of late. Either way, she's learning a lot and it's fun to see what she's picked up on without us even explicitly teaching her. For instance, we read her favorite book, I Took the Moon for a Walk, about a hundred times a day. So sometimes, instead of reading the text, we just point out pictures on the page. I taught her to point out the main characters (the boy and the moon) as well as the facial features (eyes, nose, mouth) on each of them. When that got old, I started asking her to point out other images in the background. To my surprise, she was able to point out the teeny-tiny dogs in the very far background, without me even showing them to her. Bam. My child is a genius.

Other tidbits: 

Libby loves scooping...anything. I've been letting her "help" me in the kitchen more often. She loves to sit on the counter and scoop flour, rice, oats, etc. from one bowl to another.

She's afraid of school buses.

I think that about covers it.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this picture of Libby. She's getting to be so grown up! You're almost to nursery age. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella es muy grande! Yo quiero a un abrazo, Libby!! What'd you edit the picture with?

    ReplyDelete