Sunday, September 22, 2013

Libby Speak - September 2013

Libby's starting to catch onto the idea of time, though all she really understands is that it has something to do with numbers.
Jared (to me): What time is it? Libby (deadpan): 6:40.

The next day...
Libby: What time is it? Is it 14 yet?

Later...
It's 9:22!

Libby loves for me to tell her the story of her birth and of Piper's birth. Sometimes she helps tell the story. 
Piper popped out of my tummy and into your tummy and popped out of your tummy!

Grocery shopping one day, I told Libby we needed to buy jam. She fixated on this word and repeated it the entire time we were in the store. Only, her j sounds like a d, so...
Dam. Dam. Daaaaaaaaaam. Dam, dam, dam.

Is it nice to be together forever?

I can't remember the context of this quote. I think I had something on my face and when Libby asked what it was, I told her it was a mustache.
Don't have a mustache. It makes you so annoying.

Libby sings all the time, often making up her own words and melodies. This song was hilarious.
When you make a mess, you clean it up. You just let your mommy clean it up.

Did you know if you're ever scared, you can always say a prayer to "Heavenly God" and Jesus Christ?

I found her eating butter with a knife in her playroom:
Mommy, I won't lick the butter again. I was just being silly.

Completely out of nowhere:
You have udders.

Can you please wash the dishes for me?

Besides making up songs, my other most favorite thing Libby does is quote books. This quote is a hodge podge of 2 different "Miss Nelson" books.
"Holy smokes, it's the swamp!" "That's right, and I'm here to 'wipe' this class into shape! Get back to your desk, on the double!"

I'm pretending to be Super Why and I am saving the day!

2 comments:

  1. She is so cute. I love the dam all through the grocery store. And her song is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mustache one! Such a fun age! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete