Monday, May 12, 2008

10 GREAT things that happened this week

From time to time, I like to write down things I'm grateful for or things I love or other similar feel-good lists. Because, well...it feels good. So I thought, "hey, why don't I do this every week?" followed by, "yeah, then I'd actually have something to blog about!"

1. I watched the Kite Runner. It's wonderful. Unavoidably sad, but really, really, really wonderful. You HAVE to read the book, though. The movie is beautiful, but there is so much more to the story. Also, while you're at it, read A Thousand Splendid Suns which is also by Khaled Hosseini, but is even better.
2. I took a group of girls at work camping at Arches. It was probably the best camping trip I've been on for work. The weather was kinda crazy with 40 mph wind gusts that blew over our tents and got sand EVERYWHERE, but it was a blast! What could have been a frustrating situation was just downright hilarious and exhilarating.
3. I biked to Utah Lake by myself. I've finally realized I don't mind spending time by myself. In fact, I seek it out now. Anyway, the path is really easy, so it's just a relaxing, fun ride. It was pretty populated on a sunny Saturday afternoon, but once I got to the lake, I took a side road that runs along the lake shore and found myself completely alone. It was nice to just sit. And listen. Until my mind got carried away with thoughts of what could happen to a girl all alone on the lake shore and how long it would take for anyone to find out. Then I biked back to the busy trail as fast as my little legs would take me.
4. I made bread for the first time. Homemade. From scratch. By hand. By some miracle, it turned out wonderfully delicious and I don't think I can go back to store bought bread. I made 2 more loaves today. Again, they're delicious. I don't know what's happening, but I think I might be learning to cook!
5. I taught Sunday School today and it went well. I never really know what to expect when I teach lessons at church, but I was really pleased today with the involvement of the class. It was just really nice. I enjoyed teaching.
6. I discovered Hot N Spicy soynuts! They are full of protein and full of spicy flavor! Mmm mmm.
7. A coworker was really helpful to me even though it wasn't convenient for him.
8. I saw some old friends that I haven't talked to in at least a year! It was fun to catch up and remember old times.
9. My best friend, who just got home from a year-and-a-half mission, called me! Again, fun to catch up and remember the good ol' days.
10. I talked to my mom and my grandma on Mother's Day (today). They're great. I've really learned a lot from both of them about how to be a mother and a nurturer.

No comments:

Post a Comment