Friday, November 5, 2010

2 months

It feels like so long ago that I looked like this:

Forgive my not so modest appearance, but this is the most pregnant picture I have of me - taken on August 28th, just 4 days before Libby was born. I had just gotten home from working out (meaning, trying to get the baby out).

Two months later, and I have this precious little joy to smile at every day.




Stats:
Birth - 6 lbs 8 oz (25th percentile), 19 inches long (33rd percentile)
1 month - 8 lbs 10 oz (27th percentile), 21.5 inches long (50th percentile)
2 months - 10 lbs 13 oz (49th percentile), 23 inches long (80th percentile)

Head circumference? I have no idea. It was 29th percentile at 1 month and 28th percentile at 2 months, but as far as the actual measurement, I just can't remember. Sorry Libby. I should write these things down.

At 2 months old, Libby is really good at:
-pulling mommy's hair
-smiling
-splashing like crazy in the bath
-holding up her head (She holds it up pretty well when I have her on my shoulder to burp, but sometimes she seems to suddenly lose control and her head comes crashing down into mine. We've headbutted each other countless times this past month, but she is a stubborn little girl and won't let me hold her head still.)

I'm also proud to report that Libby has learned to eat without biting me. I wouldn't say she's quite good at it yet, but she's much, much better. We've been visiting the chiropractor, which has helped a lot. We also discovered last week that Libby had a tongue tie, meaning her tongue was attached too tightly to the bottom of her mouth and restricted its movement. So, I took her to an ENT who snipped the frenulum under her tongue. Poor girl did not like that at all, but I think it has helped quite a bit. I just wish someone had noticed the tongue tie earlier and could have saved me 8 weeks of excruciating pain.

Libby is also super tough and only cried for about 30 seconds after getting her shots this week. Way to go, girl.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like Libby is doing well! She's growing plenty, so sounds like she's getting plenty of nourishment. I'm glad that nursing is finally getting better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing that she was tongue tied for so long and was able to breastfeed!! Go Libby! I've known a few babies this year that were tongue tied and were not able to breastfeed. Glad you guys made it through and got it fixed! She is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like newborn babies because they're fun to hold and they smell good - but i can do neither of those with Libby, so I am very happy she's growing, babies have way more personality when they're a little older. Newborns kind of all look the same. (sometimes)

    Oh! and I went to see abi the other day and those burb cloths and changing pads you made her are really good jenn! I've wanted to make things for libby and abi, but our sewing machine is pretty much ancient so.. its kind of a failure every time i use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad they figured out the tongue tie. I had heard of some bloggers who had that problem, so I was on MEGA lookout for it. I'm amazed you kept going even with that sort of pain. I am pretty sure I'd have given up in about ten seconds.

    ReplyDelete