Thursday, November 25, 2010

My thankful list

Poor girl was so tired here. And maybe I should have taken the picture before I opened the can. Then the label wouldn't be torn and my baby wouldn't be playing with sharp edges. I'll remember that next year.

I'm thankful for:
  • Jared
  • Libby
  • my family
  • Jared's family, which I guess could fit under "my family" but I'll give them their own bullet point because they're just that great ;)
  • my Savior
  • a place to live
  • my health and the health of my family
  • our cozy space heater (most favorite recent purchase)
  • Reese's Puffs cereal (I just can't get enough)
  • pumpkin cheesecake
  • our friends Madelyn and Brian for having us over for Thanksgiving dinner!
  • memories of wonderful, wonderful Thanksgivings past at Grandma and GramPaul Luther's house
  • libraries
  • my sewing machine
  • Libby's sweet, sweet smiles and laughs
  • our washing machine (especially today since Libby pooped on our bed)
  • disposable diapers (see above - my daughter is a poop machine)
  • the modern luxuries of indoor plumbing and electricity
  • the beautiful fall weather
  • my education
  • Jared's education/job
  • cell phones, so I can talk to my family even when they are far away!
I feel like I could list so many more things because as I look around me, I realize I am thankful for EVERYTHING I see - including the aloe plant beside me and the Scotch tape on the table - but if I start listing things like that, this post is going to get ridiculous pretty fast. So I'll just end with a big
Happy Thanksgiving
to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Amen, sista. Love the photo, so clever. I too am so grateful for washing machines (as well as the other things on your list) and oxyclean because I have cleaned up soooo many blow outs. And it doesn't end. Just the other night we were cleaning up A's vomit on our bed in the middle of the night. So I will also add that I am grateful for mattress protectors.

    ReplyDelete